Stress Management Coaching
Are you at the mercy of your day, or just plain stuck?
There is another way.
Maybe this sounds like you…
- You’re so busy taking care of everyone else’s needs that you don’t have time for your own
- You worry about the things you haven’t done, but hardly notice the things you have done
- You wish you had time for coffee with a friend, but you’ve cancelled twice already
- It seems like you’re always managing a crisis
Let’s get real. You can take care of the people you love and what’s on your to-do list…but not if you keep putting yourself last.
Especially if you’re going through some really big stuff in your life right now — a job change, a rough patch in your marriage, a tough time with your kid and school.
Here’s what’s possible with stress management coaching
Some of you are facing some really big stuff, and that part doesn’t change. Challenges and roadblocks are a part of life. But you can change the way to respond to them. Stress management coaching can make a huge difference in how you feel and how much you get done.
Even during challenging times, you can learn to…
- Turn off your busy mind, so you get plenty of sleep and feel refreshed every morning
- Head into work feeling prepared for the day, knowing you have enough time to do everything on your to-do list
- Say No respectfully to things that distract you, and Yes to things you really value
- Make sure you have plenty of time and energy so you can handle the glitches and roadblocks that come up at home and work, every day
But how do you do it?
By making small shifts to change the way you respond to the inevitable worries of life. Over time, you find more joy in relationships, and more ease in your work
How it works
In 6 months, you can make deep and lasting shifts in your work, relationship, and energy. In this one-on-one program, I’ll help you develop the skills that will help you find more ease in your relationship, more joy in your work, and the sense that you are in control of your schedule, your to-do list, and your life.
The foundation of stress management coaching is what I call “Skills for Modern Living.” These are skills that no one taught us in school — but they are essential for feeling productive, in control, and on top of everything that’s going on in your life…no matter what is going on in your life.
You’ll learn these skills at your own pace, and as you put them into action you’ll notice shifts in how you feel, how you relate to others, and how much you get done. My Stress Management Coaching 5-step process is based on those skills.
The Stress Management Coaching 5-step process
- Define the life you want. Get crystal clear about what you’re working toward so you make progress instead of running in circles. Here, you’ll learn what really inspires you, and develop simple ways to stay motivated and energized.
- Create a strategy to guide your actions. Develop a roadmap so you know where you’re going — every step of the way. You’ll find room for everything that’s important, and learn keep from taking on too much in the first place. Next, we’ll break down everything you need to into clear, doable actions steps that fit into the time and lifestyle you have — often just minutes a day.
- Learn essential skills. Most people need to upgrade a few skills, such as communication, motivating others, leadership, relationship, or parenting. We’ll figure out what you need and help you get it. A little knowledge, a new perspective, and some practice can make everything you do much easier and much more fun.
- Shape your environment. Turn actions into routines that sidestep the need for willpower, so instead of “pushing through” you’re gliding through.
- Shift the way you think. Calm the busy brain, and change hidden beliefs and habits that sabotage success, so that your new changes are lasting. This ability is key in helping you know when to say Yes and when to say No.
Why this program?
For more than 25 years, I’ve been helping people work, love, and parent with grace in the modern world. I’ve found that when people put this process into action, things come together. You get more done, find more ease, and feel more connected. I’ve used these skills in my own life, and they’ve changed the way go through my days as a parent, a partner, and a business owner. Best of all, you’re never too old to learn these skills — and they make a huge difference in how you feel about your days. Even the busiest ones! You can read more about me here.
Ready to get started?
Let’s have a no-cost 30-minute “Get on Top of Your Day” session to help you navigate the sometimes competing demands of work, relationships, and family.
In this call, we’ll find ways to get done what you need to do, enjoy the people who are important to you, and still take care of yourself.
You’ll walk away with at least two simple actions you can use every day to create more balance and joy in your life. To get started, give me a call or send an email.
- Call 510.277.0456
- Email Pat@LaDouceurMFT.com
Here’s what’s included:
- (1) 90-minute “Stress Management Coaching” strategy call in the first month to kick off our work together and uncover the roots of your stress (and make a plan to address it)
- (3) 45-minute Stress Management Coaching strategy calls each month for 6 months, so you develop the skills you need to successfully navigate your life, and have a place to talk through what is — and isn’t — working (I’ll be with you every step of the way)
- Weekly homework, worksheets, templates, handouts, scripts that you can refer back to whenever you need them
- Email support, so you can get help when you need it
- SOS calls per request (need-based as determined by Pat)
You might have some questions…
This program was designed for busy people. You’ll get tools that will help you save time, and strategies to help you keep from taking on too much in the first place. There are some longer activities at the beginning which are designed to bring you the clarity and focus you need to live a more spacious life. But your “homework” is designed with you, and most of it will take just a few minutes a day.
2. What if I’m stressed-out by things in my life I can’t control?
If you’re going through a difficult time, stress management coaching is all the more essential. You’ll learn how to recognize and shift the things you can control, and how to find ease during even the most demanding days.
3. What if I know what I need to do, but I just can’t get myself motivated. Can stress management coaching help?
One of the things you’ll learn in this program is what motivation is really about (desire is just one part of it — there are several others). Once you understand this, you’ll be able to work with your own motivation and accomplish some pretty amazing things.
If you’d like to get on top of your day…
To get started with a complimentary 30-minute telephone “Stress Management Coaching” strategy session, give me a call or send an email*.
- Call 510.277.0456
- Email Pat@LaDouceurMFT.com
- Or just click the button below to schedule a time that works
* Note: Coaching and counseling are two different services. I can not coach counseling or neurofeedback clients, nor can I provide counseling for coaching clients. If you’re not sure what you need, let’s talk briefly and sort it out.